Elizabeth Cronise McLaughlin is a powerful force of nature, there’s no doubt about that.
Shortly after we first met in person in New York City, I noticed Elizabeth was on the up and up. An executive consultant and coach with a storied track record of success as a Wall Street lawyer, she launched 40 Percent and Rising soon after our first meeting, an organization by and for primary breadwinner women worldwide, and was quickly featured by a multitude of high-profile media outlets.
She later went on to launch The Gaia Project for Women’s Leadership, which cultivates women leaders from the ground up to to light the path for others, and began offering virtual and live programming worldwide.
But one thing I love about Elizabeth is her willingness to follow her gut and, as she kept a careful eye on the bitter, divisive battle for the presidency in 2016, she used Facebook to speak up again and again for what she believed to be true as a passionate social equality advocate.
The result? As of today, some 26,000+ people follow her daily Facebook Live broadcasts to get her take on the latest political developments.
With that number rising by the day, she recently launched RISE: an activist/leader bootcamp designed for anyone who wants to make a difference in the world as a community leader, corporate change-agent, or activist.
She’s also in the middle of a seven-city speaking tour that will see her visit Los Angeles, Palo Alto, San Francisco, Dallas, and Charleston in the coming months.
We don’t have to be damaged or broken in order to ask for support.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How Elizabeth went from Wall Street lawyer to social activist with thousands of Facebook followers
- How to navigate speaking up about social injustice as a small business owner
- How the conversation about women’s leadership has dramatically transformed since the election
- How to let go of revenue generators in order to support the continued evolution of your business
- The skill-set we really need to master as entrepreneurs
- How to launch something new without shelling out a ton of cash
- How to build the right team to support your business
- The traits of a great leader
- How men can be advocates for gender parity in the workplace
- Why you need to understand the value of what you bring to the market
- Why you might want to consider having several different revenue streams
- The baggage that belongs to patriarchy, and why women need to give it back
- How to sell without selling to people’s pain points
- How Elizabeth prioritizes self-care so she can hold space for thousands of people every day
LINKS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Kolbe Indexes / Instinct Assessments
- Ep 12: Tanya Geisler: Stepping Into Your Starring Role
- Ep 8: KC Carter: Give Yourself Permission To Glow In The Dark
- Follow Elizabeth on Facebook
- Follow The Gaia Project for Women’s Leadership on Facebook
- Resistance Live podcast
FOLLOW THE MOVEMENT MAKERS PODCAST ON SOCIAL MEDIA: