I have been connected to Tanya Geisler online for a long time now, but last week was the first time both of us had an opportunity to talk live… and boy, was it worth it.
I first heard about the “Imposter Complex” from Marie Poulin in episode 2 of the podcast. In this episode, Tanya shares the 6 behavioral traits and coping mechanisms linked with the phenomenon, and explains that it affects high-functioning, high-performing women, in particular…
In other words, the more successful you are, the more likely you are to feel like you’re not good enough.
As Tanya says, “Frauds don’t worry about being a fraud.”
Hmm… ‘Nuff said.
If you’ve ever suffered from perfectionism, people pleasing, procrastination, leaky boundaries, comparisonitis, or found yourself diminishing your accomplishments and disregarding praise — cough, just like me — then this episode of the podcast is for you.
If you feel like a fraud, you are not alone. (And you are not a fraud.)
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why the Imposter Complex leaves you feeling stuck, inferior and isolated
- The coping mechanisms we turn to in order to feel like we belong
- The 12 lies the Imposter Complex has us believe
- A famous person you would never guess suffers from the Imposter Complex
- What you should track if you want to stop doubting your capacity
- Who you need to surround yourself with so that you feel less alone
- Our #1 greatest fear, and why it means we’re all seeking the same thing
- How to know when you’ve found “your people”
And much, much more!
After you’ve listened in, I’d love to know: What was your biggest takeaway?
Tell me in the comments.
LINKS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Follow Tanya’s In the Spotlight series on Crowdcast
- The Starring Role Playbook is an 11-week self-study program for taming your Impostor Complex so it can no longer hold you back in your career and work
FOLLOW THE MOVEMENT MAKERS PODCAST ON SOCIAL MEDIA: