Do you know Andréa Ranae?
She’s a vision-led facilitator and coach who believes that together, we rise. And she is someone who I personally deeply admire and respect as someone who has a true grasp on what it takes to make your work your activism.
Andréa is deeply committed to cultivating a world that works for everyone and does so by placing her work at the intersections of personal growth, social justice and conscious business.
As the creator of Coaching as Activism, she supports people doing transformative work to deepen their impact by taking a critical look at how their work and lives are connected to social change.
In this episode of the Movement Makers podcast, I sat down with Andréa to talk about how those who claim they want to change the world often go silent when there’s injustice in their own backyard, how to find your voice and your place when you’re worried about the repercussions of speaking out, and why it’s important to decide what we’re going to do with the power that we have if we don’t want to be complicit in systems of oppression.
“Having a business is a political act and professionalism is a social construct.”
In this interview, you will learn:
- How Andréa helps people bring a social justice lens to their work
- How to use your voice in ways that are supportive—not harmful
- Why it’s important to get clear on what you’re committed to in the face of oppression
- What it REALLY looks like to be committed to love and light
- Why you have to be willing to take risks if you want to create real change
- What to do if you make a mistake and get called out
- Why being inclusive doesn’t mean your work is for everyone
- Why having a business is a political act and professionalism is a social construct
- What we can do to avoid burnout in organizing spaces
- How implicit bias can show up in our work
- What it means to participate in privilege
- What Andréa wants to see more spiritual teachers doing
- What you need to do if you REALLY want to change the world
LINKS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Andréa’s Patreon page
- Andréa’s 1:1 coaching
- Andréa’s Coaching as Activism program
- Whole / Self Liberation