She started her first business out the back of a van…
Five years on, she has a Facebook community of thousands and takes up to six months of the year off to travel the world, hiking and rock climbing and chasing new experiences.
I met up with Rebecca Tracey for the first time for brunch in Toronto last year, and she was exactly like the friend I’d grown to admire online since we’d first connected a few years earlier.
Her tough exterior and big heart have made her popular with both new and more established business owners the world over, and her ability to ignore her critics and follow her gut have gifted her with a business she wouldn’t change even if she wanted to.
Rebecca’s answers to my questions reminded me that you can’t assume how someone thinks on the inside simply by how they act on the outside, and that the more we can all share true, behind-the-scenes stories about what success really looks like, the more we can inspire others to pursue their own dreams.
When something doesn’t work, it’s not the be all, end all of your business.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- How Rebecca has structured her business so she can take up to six months off a year
- How her business functions without a big team
- How she started her first business while living in a van and traveling around the USA
- How she launched her signature course the first time, and how it has evolved since then
- Her message for you if you’re feeling crippled by self-doubt as a new business owner
- What kind of person you need to be if you want to create a business like hers
- The importance of recognizing weak spots as an entrepreneur
- How to network without going to a single, awkward networking event
- To what she attributes the success of her Facebook community
- And much, much more!
LINKS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Movement Makers ep #2: Marie Poulin: Strategic Generosity & Tackling The Imposter Complex
- Rebecca’s signature course: “Uncage Your Business”
FOLLOW THE MOVEMENT MAKERS PODCAST ON SOCIAL MEDIA: