I first connected with Jennifer Brown through my guest from the last episode, KC Carter, who told me Jennifer was looking for some help launching her new book, “Inclusion: Diversity, The New Workplace & The Will To Change.”
We launched Jennifer’s book to #1 best-selling status on Amazon in four different categories just six weeks later.
Jennifer has built up an impressive following of thousands over her last 10 years in business. She has won award after award for her work in the diversity and inclusion space, and built a seven-figure consultancy almost singlehandedly while supporting and training the likes of Walmart, Starbucks, Microsoft, T-Mobile, and many, many others.
Her thought leadership has appeared in leading media outlets such as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, FAST COMPANY, Inc., CNBC, The Huffington Post, NASDAQ, AdWeek, and Sirius Radio.
One of the things I love most about Jennifer, though, is the vulnerability with which she shares her own diversity story. As an out member of the LGBTQ community, she knows what it’s like to wrestle with fear around showing up authentically and speaking your truth.
Now she helps other people do the same… and it’s incredible, powerful work.
Jennifer is the very definition of a movement maker, and I was honored to have her as my guest for episode 9. I know you’ll love what she has to say.
You ARE the brand.
Don’t apologize for that.
In this episode, you will learn:
– How Jennifer overcame the tragedy of losing her voice as an opera singer
– The difference between a job and a calling
– Why Jennifer feels so strongly about helping others to find their voice
– Why we so often downplay our true identities
– How Jennifer found the strength and enough willpower to show up as her full self
– How we can collectively leverage our voices for positive change
– What the startup community can do about diversity and inclusion
– The challenges she’s had as a result of running a multi-million dollar consultancy, and how she overcame those challenges
Links from the episode:
Jennifer’s TEDx Presidio talk: Finding Your Voice in The Workplace
Uncovering Talent: A New Model of Inclusion report
Jennifer’s Evoso talk: The True Cost of Not Bringing Your Full Self to Work
The Will To Change Podcast
Enjoy this episode? Please subscribe on iTunes and leave a review!