Ever notice how some people have skyrocketed in their careers?
It seems like they came out of nowhere. And suddenly, they’re getting big TV opportunities, magazine spreads, TED Talks, and 6-figure book deals. People line up and pay big money just to get a small piece of them in their products or programs.
But if you think being a household name means you have to pretend to be someone you’re NOT, think again.
The truth is: it is possible for you to create major buzz for your business, just by being you.
EVEN if you’ve thought:
– “I don’t have a story worth telling.”
– “I don’t know how to talk about what I do.”
– “I’m not ready yet.”
– “I don’t know what I’m doing.”
– Or… “I’m an introvert. I’m not comfortable in the spotlight.”
If you’ve said any of those things, and yet you still have a dream of doing something bigger this year, you need to meet Selena Soo.
Selena is a shy introvert and living proof that you don’t have to be an outgoing, charismatic superstar to step into the business spotlight and make your mark your way.
“The ultimate inspiration is being ourselves.”
In this episode for the podcast, she shares the inner work that has to happen before you become a household name. We discuss the inherent dangers and limitations with rags-to-riches stories when it comes to getting media attention, as well as what to think about as you’re developing your story.
You’ll also learn:
- How she went from a quarter-life crisis to doing the work she does today
- Why we shouldn’t put anyone on a pedestal
- How she managed to develop meaningful relationships with industry influencers
- How you can thrive in social situations, even when you’re a shy introvert
- How to network in a way that makes sense for you
- The inner work that has to happen before you can become a household name
- How to get over perfectionism
- How to launch when you don’t have enough time or resources
- How to find your story worth telling
LINKS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Danielle LaPorte
- Greg Faxon: Don’t Let The Fear Win
- Tanya Geisler: Stepping Into Your Starring Role
- The 100 Stories Worth Telling Project
- Selena’s free 12-minute training to help get your ideas out to millions of people